1. Negotiations between the King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa and the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov were held in Manama. During the meeting in a narrow format and in an expanded composition of delegations, the parties discussed priority issues of developing bilateral cooperation in the trade, economic, cultural and humanitarian spheres.
As a result of negotiations between the President of Turkmenistan and the King of Bahrain, 11 documents on cooperation were signed.Among them, an agreement on air communication, a memorandum on cooperation in the field of maritime and rail transport, in the field of general, technical and higher education, an agreement on cooperation between the State Bank for Foreign Economic Affairs of Turkmenistan and the Bahrain Development Bank and others.
For his great personal contribution to the strengthening and development of friendship and cooperation between the two countries, President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov was awarded the highest award of the Kingdom of Bahrain - the Order named after Sheikh Isa Bin Salman Al-Khalifa of the first degree.
2. Turkish Airlines will increase the number of flights to Ashgabat from March 24, 2023. Now the airline operates flights to Ashgabat on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and from March 24 it will start flying every day. Tickets are on sale on the airline's website. The flight program on the route Istanbul-Turkmenbashi-Istanbul will be terminated on March 23.
3. “Turkmenistan” Airlines has started online sales of air tickets to international destinations from Ashgabat for March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October 2023. When purchasing air tickets for international flights through the official website of the “Turkmenistan” Airlines, a discount of 2,5% is provided.
4.A new building of the State Institute of Architecture and Construction of Turkmenistan will be built in Ashgabat.In this regard, the Ministry of Construction and Architecture, by order of the Ministry of Education of Turkmenistan, announced a tender for the design and construction of a facility on Georogly street in Ashgabat.
Applications and proposals from interested parties are accepted until April 7, 2023.
5. The first batch of tomatoes from Turkmenistan, delivered by road to Belarus, appeared on the shelves of the “Hippo” supermarket chain in Minsk. At the moment, the trading network “Hippo” has 27 modern stores throughout Belarus. Among them are hypermarkets with a wide range, supermarkets, cozy shops near the house.
6.A man from New Zealand entered the Guinness Book of Records as the owner of the longest name among the entire population of the planet.Gregory Watkins decided to change his name in the spring of 1990 and then applied to the Justice Department for registration.
Thus, the name of a man includes approximately 2310 words without a surname, which he has only one.According to the New Zealander, he is proud of the fact that he became the owner of a record long name.
7.A resident of the Japanese city of Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, found a suspicious iron ball with a diameter of 1,5 meters washed ashore on the Enshyuhama beach.
Currently, the object is checked by experts.Also, photos of the ball were sent to specialists in the Japan Self-Defense Forces and the Coast Guard.From the published photographs, it can be seen that the ball has a smooth beige surface with brown spots, possibly from rust.
8. “Leipzig” played a draw at home with “Manchester City” in the first leg of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League. Riyad Mahrez scored for “Manchester City” in the 27th minute, defender Josko Gvardiol equalized for the hosts in the 70th minute. The meeting ended with the score 1:1.
9. “Inter” Milan defeated “Porto” in their home field in the first meeting of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League.The match ended with a score of 1:0, Romelu Lukaku scored the winning goal in the 86th minute for the Milanese.
The Portuguese club played in the minority from the 78th minute after the removal of midfielder Otavio.
10. Bronze medals were awarded to Turkmen tennis players at the junior world championship tournament that ended in Sri Lanka, which was held with the participation of representatives of 15 countries.
11.Turkmen athletes have registered to participate in the Grand Slam judo tournament in Tashkent, which will be held from March 3 to 5 this year. 14 athletes from Turkmenistan, along with teams from 48 countries, will compete for medals and ranking points on their way to the Paris 2024 Olympics.
The total prize fund of the tournament is 154 thousand euros.